The new government Green Homes Grant Scheme is due to go live at the end of September. £500M will go directly to low-income households, for home improvements, through a voucher scheme.
- The eligibility for the low income portion is based on being in receipt of certain benefits
- The vouchers will be available to owner occupiers, private landlords, social landlords and park home owners
- Households will need to install at least one of the primary measures below to qualify for funding. These include:
- Insulation (solid wall, cavity wall, under floor etc)
- Low carbon heat (heat pumps, solar thermal)
- For low those who qualify as low income, there will be a maximum of £10k in voucher value, with no household contribution
See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-the-green-homes-grant-scheme for more information