This course is for anyone in Wokingham who volunteers and may need to have emergency first aid skills in the event of an incident.
Monday 12th July, 9.30am – 4.30pm, St James’s Church, Finchampstead
About this event
This face-to-face course is for anyone who resides in Wokingham Borough, volunteers and may need emergency first aid skills for their role or those who work in the voluntary/charity/public sector. For example volunteers at school activities, brownies, scout leaders, church leaders, village hall care takers, parish/town councils that run community events and community groups.
The ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ course is delivered by a qualified tutor over 6 hours and is valid for 3 years. It covers treatments designed to provide basic life support until the Emergency Services arrive.
Specifically the training will cover the following:
• The role of the first aider including:
o the importance of preventing cross infection
o the need for recording incidents and subsequent actions
o use of available first aid equipment
• Legislation – first aid law including first aider litigation issues
• Assessing any situation to act safely, promptly and effectively in any emergency
• Unconscious casualty management including Epilepsy
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for a non-breathing casualty
• Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
• Choking first aid for a casualty with a blocked airway
• First aid for a casualty that has been injured and is bleeding
• Shock (Hypovolaemic)
• Minor injuries first aid for small cuts, grazes and bruises and small splinters
• Minor burns and scalds
You will gain a Level 3 Certificate.