CCB offers a wide range of training courses for adults, specially designed to support community groups and the voluntary sector. Many of our training workshops are free to CBAS Members and CCB Members and are of low cost to others.
Tickets to our latest training event can be found below:
Moving Communities Webinar, 30th June, 10.30am – 12.30pm
This workshop will give you increased confidence and skills with organising and delivering community based projects designed to encourage others to be more active in their local area.
During the session, delivered by Get Berkshire Active, you will learn all you need to know about setting up and safely running new, or exisiting, physical activity sessions post lockdown for your community or local area.
The webinar will provide you with skills that cover;
- Risk assessing the community building or space you are hiring to safely run your activity in.
- Ensuring that you understand and comply with safeguarding and licensing requirements.
- Ideas on how to successfully promote and market your activity to the local community.
- Understand economies of fees and budgeting.
- How to sucessfully gather feedback from lattendees and use this to develop long-term sustainability.
This training is aimed at;
- individuals or groups that either already run physical activity sessions but would like to know more about ensuring that they are efficiently and safely run or a refresh post lockdown
- individuals or groups that would like to set up a NEW activity locally and would like some advice and guidance regarding how best to do this.
Examples of the training courses we can provide and have run in the past (with partner organisations) include:
- Funding workshops – how to successfully apply for funding for your community group or building
- Reopening Your Village Hall after the Pandemic
- Energy Advice & Awareness for Practitioners/Volunteers
- How to successfully use social media for community groups
- Health and safety and Fire Risk Assessment Training for Village Halls
- Marketing workshops for community groups
- Training on rural affordable housing /community led housing
- Introduction to Community Organising
- Emergency Life Skills/Emergency First Aid
- Health & Wellbeing Webinar
Our training events in West Berkshire and Wokingham have been supported and received funding from the Adult Community Learning Team, West Berkshire Council & Wokingham Borough Council. Please click here to view our safeguarding policy.