CCB offers a wide range of training courses for adults, specially designed to support community groups and the voluntary sector. Many of our training workshops are free to CBAS Members and CCB Members and are of low cost to others.
Tickets to our latest training event can be found below:
Migrating to renewable power and renewable heating systems? All you need to know from an independent expert Tom Macdonald, Berkshire Project Officer from the Low Carbon Workplaces grant scheme. Every Hall is different and no single solution fits every hall, Tom will guide us through the many options and answer your questions.
When: November 11th 11 am
Where: Online (after the CCB AGM)
Safeguarding for Village Halls and Community Buildings
We recommend that every Trustee attends this Safeguarding session if they did not attend last year. It will provide valuable updates and information on Trustees responsibilities for Safeguarding and if you do not have a Safeguarding Policy, we will ensure you get a model document and all the information needed to create your own.
When: December 1st – 2pm
Examples of the training courses we can provide and have run in the past (with partner organisations) include:
- Funding workshops – how to successfully apply for funding for your community group or building
- Reopening Your Village Hall after the Pandemic
- Energy Advice & Awareness for Practitioners/Volunteers
- How to successfully use social media for community groups
- Health and safety and Fire Risk Assessment Training for Village Halls
- Marketing workshops for community groups
- Training on rural affordable housing /community led housing
- Introduction to Community Organising
- Emergency Life Skills/Emergency First Aid
- Health & Wellbeing Webinar
Our training events in West Berkshire and Wokingham have been supported and received funding from the Adult Community Learning Team, West Berkshire Council & Wokingham Borough Council. Please click here to view our safeguarding policy.