Data Protection can seem like a complex area and you may have heard about the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) coming into force on the 25th May 2018, which will affect all organisations, this includes parish/town councils, voluntary and community groups. Which is why CCB is facilitating this session in partnership with Databasix. This training has been organised to help organisations in the voluntary sector and town/parish councils.
GDPR strengthens a number of existing principles and introduces more rights for individuals in the use of their personal data. This half day training session will introduce the GDPR to delegates, describe the differences between the Data Protection Act 1998 and provide practical steps that need to be taken in order to start implementing GDPR.
What will I learn?
- Understand the basic principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Know what the key differences are between GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- Understand how it applies to the personal and sensitive data you collect, use and process.
- Understand how Data Protection fits with Freedom of Information, Information Sharing and Information Security,
- Be confident in the steps your organisation needs to take to get ready for GDPR
- You will leave the session with some practical tips and tools for managing your GDPR implementation plan.
The course will be delivered by Kelli Peters of Databasix. Kellie spent 14 years working in the NHS and Civil service managing teams processing personal data. During her time with the NHS she has been involved in delivering Information Governance and Data Protection training courses to members of staff, both clinical and non-clinical. Since setting up Databasix UK in 2013, Kellie has used her experience to develop data protection workshops for SMEs and Charities across the Thames Valley, with the view of providing practical advice and guidance.
Date, Time and Venue
Tuesday 20th March at Padworth Village Hall, RG7 4HY. The session will commence at 2.00pm and will finish by 4.30pm.
Booking & Price
CCB and CBAS Members – £35 per person. Non member – £40 per person
To book a place please click on this link: https://ccberks.wufoo.eu/forms/z1y7ep1k1biyf25/
This training event is supported by West Berkshire Council Adult Community Team.