Chair Based exercise classes are designed to help improve strength and balance from the comfort of your own chair while focusing on aiding muscles used in everyday activity – all performed at a pace that is suitable for the participant. Chair Based Exercise can be done at home and is easy to fit in to your daily routine. Get Berkshire Active have 5 free chair based exercise sessions. Click on the classes below for the Eventbrite booking links.
GBA Current Chair Based Exercise Sessions
- Mondays at 10am, Chair Yoga with Sami
- Tuesdays at 11am, Gentle Chair exercise with Debbie and Mandy from Mindset Massage
- Wednesdays at 11am, Gentle Chair exercise with Kate
- Thursdays at 11am, Gentle Chair exercise with Kate
- Fridays at 11.15am, Gentle Chair exercise with Hayley
Please consider the following safety and top tips before taking part
- Ensure you use an area where you have enough space to take part. All of the sessions can be completed whilst seated but you will still need to be able to move your arms and legs.
- Ensure you use a sturdy chair.
- Keep water and a mobile phone or telephone close by.
- Consult with your GP or healthcare professional beforehand if you have any health related concerns about taking part.