FREE Online Session
Tuesday 6 July 10am to 12 noon
Finding the right people, with the right skills, and then keeping them can be a challenge for organisations reliant on volunteer support.
This course will explore attitudes towards volunteering, how to recruit and retain volunteers and how to manage them effectively. There will be opportunities for you to share experiences and ask questions.
The aims of the course
• To challenge attitudes towards volunteering.
• Demonstrate proven recruitment and retention ideas.
• Stimulate thinking that could be used in your own community settings.
What will I get out of it?
• Gain a wider knowledge of the principles behind successful volunteer recruitment.
• Be inspired to think about different ways to recruit people.
• Encourage wider thinking around volunteering and how your work adds value to society.
• Inspire a volunteer recruitment campaign for your organisation.
• Think about existing volunteers and how to reinvigorate their stake and to ensure they are engaged and in tune with your aims.
• Participate in a collaborative way and to share your own experiences.
Who’s delivering the course?
Garry Poulson, Director, Volunteer Centre West Berkshire
Garry has extensive knowledge of recruiting and retaining volunteers. He has been running the Volunteer Centre for 23 years, playing a leading role in local and regional voluntary and community initiatives. Garry has designed and implemented a range of volunteer lead projects and programmes that work in close partnership with local authorities and communities. He manages around 220 volunteers and three community transport schemes.
Chris Read, Volunteer Recruitment Officer, Volunteer Centre West Berkshire
Chris has worked in the not-for-profit sector for 18 years and has been responsible for managing volunteer recruitment at the Volunteer Centre for the past 6 years. By meeting potential volunteers and using IT software that matches volunteers to suitable voluntary roles, Chris will outline how he can support you with your volunteer recruitment.
Book your place
To book your place email email@example.com
A Zoom link will be sent to you after booking.