On Tuesday 20th July at 10.30am, we are facilitating a free, online workshop, to be delivered by Paul Graham, West Berkshire Walking for Health Coordinator. Booking is essential. To book please click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/161622319709
Join in with this event to learn about Health Walks, how you can set one up in your local area and the support available from your local Walking for Health coordinator.
Walking for Health walks have been happening in West Berkshire since the early 2000’s, with hundreds of local residents enjoying the benefits of regular physical activity and building friendships and community in their local area.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought challenges for many people as well as showing us the powerful impact of communities coming together to support each other in testing times. Setting up a health walk can be a simple but effective way to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of your local community now and in the future.
The session will cover:
- An introduction to the role of Walking for Health coordinator in West Berkshire
- What Walking for Health is, and what Health Walks are
- What makes a good walk leader and how to become one
- The process of setting up a new walk
- Ongoing support available to walk leaders
- Case study: Mortimer Walking for Health group.
- Why you should consider setting up a health walk in your community