In November, Village Hall Advisors from 38 Counties across England came together in-person and online to attend a training event in Leicestershire.
The event expanded Village Hall Advisors knowledge on subjects including;
- Making changes to Trust Deeds
- New Charitable Incorporated Organisation Model Deeds
- Disclosure Barring Service
- Electric Car Charing Points
- Parish Councils running Village Hall Charities as Sole Trustee
- Dementia Friendly Village Halls
- Centre for Sustainability – Energy Efficiency for Village Halls
Our very own Community Buildings Advisor Kate Meads presented a session to delegates on how to run Hallmark Quality Standard and Certification courses online.
Kate said ‘the conference was just what we needed, and it is was great to get together in person to share learning and ideas. I feel very motivated and plan to share much of the learning with Trustees through our training programme during the next few months.’
Check out CCB’s President The Rt Honourable Lord Benyon, acting in his capacity as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Rural Affairs, opening the event. Lord Benyon is also a Trustee of Englefield Village Hall. Here he talks eloquently about a ‘renaissance in village halls’ and the fantastic, useful advice and support that advisors like our Kate Meads and her counterparts provide.